Benefits of Agave Nectar
The mysterious Agave will now reveal its benefits!
Sweeter than sugar and smoother than honey…. Is there anything this magical plant can't do? So what gives agave its advantage? Let us count the ways...
- Sweeeeeet! Agave is 1.4 times sweeter than refined sugar, so less can be used for equal sweetening.
- No Highs and Lows... Agave's low Glycemic Index means it is less disruptive to blood sugar levels, so it doesn't create a "sugar rush" so you can avoid the highs and lows of other sweeteners.
- Agave for everyone. Many people on special diets find agave suitable for their needs, as it is both gluten- and allergen-free.
- De-Light-full. The lighter grade of agave nectar is flavor neutral, enhancing the flavors of foods without altering their taste.
- The power of Amber. Amber agave makes a great substitute for maple syrup, molasses and brown sugar.
- The Raw Truth! Raw agave nectar is only mildly filtered and produced at temperatures under 118 degrees.
- So Smooth... If stored at room temperature, agave pours easily, and will not harden in the bottle.
- Keepin' it fresh. Agave is a moisture retainer, and increases the shelf life of baked goods due to its hygroscopic properties.
- And Kosher, too! Agave nectar is KOSHER PAREVE and has obtained the certificate from Scrol K.
- Oh, Oh, Organic! Agave is also organic: our growers use only natural fertilizers and employ agricultural practices that meet organic certification standards.